Make a Statement.
Earn Your Degree in Accounting Online.
Accountants fulfill an essential role in business. Communicating relevant financial accounting information and providing reliable financial reports have become a vital component in achieving successful business endeavors.
For those looking to acquire the essential knowledge and practical skills needed to build a career as an accounting professional, or supplement existing experience through advanced study, the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business Online Accounting Degrees offer streamlined curricula and a high-quality, practice-oriented educational experience.
A History of Excellence
UAB was among the 17 accounting programs to receive accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in 1982, the very first year the AACSB granted accreditation to accounting programs separate from that of business school programs. Currently, UAB is among only 176 universities worldwide to achieve this seal of excellence in both business and accounting.
Two Degrees to Choose From:
Bachelor in Accounting
- Provides a solid foundation in conceptual accounting and business knowledge, laying the groundwork for beginning a career as a professional accountant.
- Applicable to many career paths including public accounting, private or industrial accounting and governmental accounting.
- Ideal starting point for pursuing study at the graduate level.
Master of Accounting
- Designed for professionals with a knowledge base in accounting and business.
- Focuses on broadening communication, interpersonal, technological and applied research skills.
- Offers a bridge program for students from non-accounting backgrounds who want more formal accounting knowledge without committing to an additional bachelor’s degree.
What Makes UAB Right for You
- National Recognition: Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) is the highest honor an accounting program can receive, and UAB has held this distinction for almost 30 years.
- Faculty Experience: Our award-winning faculty remain very involved in the professional accounting community and are dedicated to supporting students and helping them reach their goals.
- Professional Network: From the annual Meet the Employers event to interaction with representatives from public accounting and industry on the Accounting Advisory Council, there are many opportunities to make connections with experts in the accounting field.
- Personalized Education: We have student-oriented faculty. The same faculty that teach the on-campus face-to-face classes also teach the online classes and are dedicated to supporting students in achieving their career goals. We offer the opportunity for students to interact with their cohorts and professors and to become involved in the various student organizations.
- Obtain Professional Certification: Our Bachelor of Science in Accounting program prepares you to successfully pass the Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFA) exams. Our Master of Accounting program also prepares you to successfully pass these exams as well as the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.